Friday, August 6, 2010

Yet Another Transition

I've been feeling guilty for not updating when such "big" life events are occuring. However, to update on the rollercoaster of job offers, decision making, and emotions would not have been fun reading for the rest of you. Thus, I spared you from the details and will only share the end results. Yesterday morning, I signed a contract with the Derry Cooperative School District. This is a very ... VERY ... unexpected turn of events as 1.) I will be working in NH (yes, I moved back to MA in hopes of working in MA), and 2.) I will be working in an elementary schools with students K-5th grade (yes, I have focused all of my academic and clinical training in the birth-5 range, and outside of the school setting). And so, feelings of both anxiety and excitement have settled in and will probably result in many sleepless nights in the next couple of weeks. Regardless, I'm trying my best to stay positive and keep in mind that the next 9 months are still a "Fellowship Year" - another learning opportunity, another opportunity for growth and maturation, another test of my patience, skills, independence, and, of course, the sanity of our relationship :)

Luckily, I am not concerned in the least about the latter of those. Michael is such a stable and supportive piece of my life. He knows just when I need space and when it's time to step in and "guide" me. Although we've been together for awhile, it's been during the past two years that I think I've truly come to understand and appreciate how strong our relationship is. With a whole bunch of "newness" ahead of us, I'm eager to discover what else I will come to learn about us.

Looking forward there will be many new things to write about and to share photos of. Knowing this, Michael gave me a (uncessary) graduation present/"you-got-a-job" present last night.


I have been pining over this camera for months! But knew that it was just a wish-list item. I have a 5 year old Canon that works just fine. "Just fine". Apparently, Michael doesn't think that "just fine" is good enough to document my grad school graduation, the celebrations afterwards, all of Cooper's firsts, the upcoming FoxWoods reunion with my college loves, etc. etc. After telling him just how unnecessary this was and how many groceries, gallons of gas, dog items we could get for the price of this camera, I accepted the fact that this was a gift he really wanted me to have and began to test it out. I am in love (for the 4th time with a Canon). Beyond the fact that it's a coppery-orange (dece!), it has so many photo options (I may actually have to read the manual this time), it takes BEAUTIFUL pictures! Here are some from its first shoot (sorry that Michael and I look so hapazard, it was a long, humid day):

Today marks the beginning of the celebration of graduation. Mani & pedi with Jill this afternoon, lobsters tonight, Graduation tomorrow, family gathering/dinner tomorrow night, BBQ Party at Kirsten's on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Wicked Dece camera. I love it and wish I had one :) I am also happy to have spent moments with you that were special enough to be documented! xoxo L

    ReplyDelete